Learn how to look after your garden this Autumn with Grow Garden's November garden to-do list.
- Plant bare-root trees and shrubs: early winter is the ideal time to plant bare-root plants while they are dormant.
- Protect tender plants: wrap up or move tender plants to protect them from early frosts.
- Clear fallen leaves: regularly clear leaves to prevent them from smothering grass and perennials.
- Prune roses: cut back roses to prevent wind-rock, which can loosen roots and damage the plant.
- Plant tulip bulbs: November is the perfect time to plant tulip bulbs for a spring display.
- Prepare soil for next year: dig over vacant plots and incorporate compost or manure to enrich the soil.
- Clean and sharpen tools: take the time to clean, sharpen, and oil your gardening tools.
- Install bird feeders: help wildlife by setting up bird feeders as food becomes scarce.